June 2008 | HIGH TECHNOLOGY FUELS GROWTH OF EARL INDUSTRIES ETG DIVISION
PORTSMOUTH, VA –The Earl Technology Group (ETG), a division of Earl Industries, is comprised of a growing number of stand-alone companies, each focused on helping government, military, and commercial organizations master the new generation of information and media management challenges. ETG member companies are expert at: Capturing and marshalling information from video, images, sensors, and text; Extracting knowledge from the information and converting it into actionable form; and Systematically reducing risk and improving decision-making within complex military, intelligence, and commercial processes. The group includes:
- Echo Storm, a video and data dissemination firm
- CorMine Intelligent Data, a developer of information capture and retrieval software
- Abeo Technical Services, a provider of integrated systems for critical infrastructure protection
- I-P Systems, which offers a new generation of geo-spatial information, products, and services
- WorldTech International, a leading global technology scouting and assessment firm
- Socio-Cultural Intelligence Analysis, Inc. (SCIA), the world’s leader in the field of human terrain mapping for intelligence and defense applications
Earl Industries President, Jerry Miller, began providing seed capital to early-stage technology companies during the late 1990s and became well known as an “angel” investor in several of the top emerging technology companies in the Hampton Roads region. As the Department of Defense began the technological transformation of the U.S. military in the early 2000s, Miller began looking for opportunities beyond individual investing, and began to engage with similar, high-growth, high technology companies to create new areas of business for Earl Industries itself.
The Earl Technology Group was born in 2006, and is continuing to invest in early-stage companies, while also focusing on the technical and marketing synergies among the current stable of member companies.