June 2008 | REAR ADMIRAL (RET) JEFF BROOKS TO JOIN EARL INDUSTRIES
PORTSMOUTH, VA – Jerrold L Miller, President of Earl Industries, LLC, is pleased to announce that retired Rear Admiral Jeffrey A. Brooks, U.S. Navy, will be joining the management team of Earl Industries. Admiral Brooks will assume the position of Chief Operating Officer, effective July 1, 2008, for the company’s ship maintenance operations.
Rear Admiral Brooks brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to his new position. During his 38 year Navy career, he held ever-increasing responsibilities culminating in his assignment as the Fleet Maintenance Officer, U.S. Fleet Forces Command. In this capacity, Rear Admiral Brooks was responsible and accountable for the overall material readiness of the 286 ships of the U.S. Navy Fleet.
His previous, senior leadership positions in the Navy included Deputy Chief of Staff, Fleet Maintenance, U.S. Pacific Fleet and Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Newport News, Virginia. His expertise in managing and executing these complex and vital elements of the Nation’s defense will prove invaluable as he leads Earl Industries’ ship repair maintenance capabilities. Rear Admiral Brooks holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Missouri and a Master of Science degree in Nuclear Engineering from Pennsylvania State University.
June 2008 | EARL MANUFACTURING INTRODUCES ROBOTIC CAPABILITY – CRITICAL RESOURCES FOR AEROSPACE INDUSTRY
PORTSMOUTH, VA – Earl Manufacturing, a division of Earl Industries, has introduced something new to the Portsmouth waterfront. The “EarlBot” is a 7-axis robotic machining station. The TEK Group, one of three Earl Manufacturing entities, introduced the new system to provide speed, repeatability, and accuracy in preparing parts for final assembly. EarlBot uses high-pressure water, 60,000 psi, and abrasives to clean and cut complex aircraft engine parts and other equally critical metal components.
Earl Manufacturing's Engineering & Design Group, another unit of Earl Manufacturing, has provided private industry and government with design engineering, machining, reverse engineering, machine modernization, prototyping and repair services. In addition, we create precision parts, machine tools and manufacturing equipment using Earl Manufacturing E&D initiated innovative concepts and designs facilitated with state-of-the-art 3-D Cad/Cam modeling technology or we build to customer furnished drawings.
Independent certification to ISO 9001-2000 and AS9100B Aerospace Space standards ensures the delivery of consistent high quality parts, machine tools, manufacturing equipment and services to customers, large or small. The Engineering and Design Group, works with the TEK and Production Groups to fulfill the unique demands of prototype machine construction. The Engineering and Design Group has served a wide range of government, industrial and scientific customers including: specialty products for the U.S. Navy Seals, U.S. Army Rangers, U.S. Marine Force Recon, the Israeli Defense Force and the British SAS, as well as the medical and consumer product industries.
The Earl Manufacturing Production Group was established in 1992 to support the expanding habitability requirements of the U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, and continental U.S. shipbuilding and repair industries. The Production Group moves projects seamlessly from concept to construction - employing leading-edge processes. The state-of-the-art automated metal manufacturing complex routinely fabricates a wide range of metal products for shipboard and industrial applications in steel, stainless steel and aluminum - with any surface finish from powder coating to baked enamel. High speed Computer Numeric Control (CNC) and Wire Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) combined with Gas Tungsten, Gas Metal and Shielded Metal Arc welding enables construction of shipboard lockers, ventilation ducts, marine furniture and other custom manufactured items. The Production Group’s ISO 9001-2000 Certified Quality Assurance begins with the detailed inspection of raw materials, whether conventional or exotic alloys, and continues through routine advanced training for Earl technicians in the latest industrial technologies and processes.
- June 2008 | Earl Manufacturing Triples Resources for Maximum Productivity - Read Article
- June 2008 | HIGH TECHNOLOGY FUELS GROWTH OF EARL INDUSTRIES ETG DIVISION - Read Article
- May 2008 | Earl Manufacturing Officially Certified to Quality Standard AS9100B - Read Article
- April 2008 | $10.6M added to Earl Industries ship contract - Read Article
- March 2008 | Abeo, CT join Earl Industries - Read Article
- July 2007 | Shipyard owner Jerry Miller has a growing list of products and customers that has little to do with ships. - Read Article
- April 2007 | Earl Again On Navy List of Top 50 Companies- Read Article
- March 2007 | Earl Industries, LLC Earns Environmental Award - Read Article
- January 2006 | Earl Awarded Four Major Contracts - Read Article
- June 2004 | Earl Industries Expands in Florida - Read Article
- June 2004| Earl Awarded Electric Boat SSGN Contract - Read Article
- January 2004 | Earl Acquires Moon Engineering Company, Inc.-Read Article
- November 2003 | USS Harry S Truman Welcomes NNSY Commander and Earl Industries President- Read Article
- October 2003 | Hampton Roads Repairers to Merge - Read Article