Earl Ship Repair is expert and fully certified at all types of complex, restricted, and technical availabilities (including drydock availabilities and the integration of related repair efforts such as AIT’s) on US Navy ships and craft of all classes, including aircraft carriers and submarines. In addition, Earl Industries is consistently seeking new opportunities and markets in which to offer the company’s full range of quality services at competitive prices. This constant drive to expand by building on our existing capabilities is one of the keys to Earl Industries’ success as it keeps the company lean and well-managed resulting in a cohesive, goal-oriented team.
Program and Project Management
Earl offers a team of highly experienced and trained Program and Project Management professionals to support every project.
- Material Management
Comprehensive staff of Engineers, Designers and Technicians providing full service engineering and technical support for multiple ship class programs, and the advance planning and execution of ship availabilities.
- CAD 2D/3D Modeling and Drawing Packages
- Improved Products and Processes for Cost-Savings
- Coordination with NAVSEA & the Carrier Planning Activity
- Procedures and Test Documents for Advance Planning
- Engineering Studies to Identify Alternative Methods and Material Substitutions
- On-Site Engineering Support During All Availabilities
Shipboard Hull and Tank Preservation
Earl’s unique, company-designed containment system – in full compliance with OSHA and EPA guidelines – has become the standard for the USN.
Structural/Pipe Fitting Services
- Certified ASME and MIL-STD welding and NDE/NDT
- Sheet Metal Fabrication and Installation
- Fluid Systems Overhaul
- Complete Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Capability
- Diesel Engine Overhaul and Maintenance
- Pump/Valve Overhaul
- Retubing of Condensers and Heat Exchangers
- Bearing Surface Refurbishment
- Full Rigging and Lagging Services
Earl possesses a unique, proven process for the in-place cleaning and refurbishment of electrical rotating equipment and vast experience with installation of joint mission command and communications systems on multiple ship platforms.
- Trouble shooting
- Repair and Overhaul
Through the firm’s Coatings Division Earl Advanced Preservation Solutions, Earl Industries provides complete metal preservation services including environmentally-compliant containment systems, abrasive blasting, ultra-high pressure (40,000 psi) water blasting and application of all types of coatings.
- UHP Water Blasting
- Abrasive Blasting
- Blast and Paint Booth
- Rigging and Containment
Earl Industries’ manufacturing capability includes a highly automated, mass production, specialty sheet metal operation that produces high quality consoles, ventilation systems and other specialty items, including:
- Custom Items
- Ventilation Systems
- Military Specification Lockers
- Custom Cargo Containers
- Marine Furniture
- Racks and Bins